11/16/20

Toward the Son by Gary Rose


 

This picture reminds me of Melrose, New York, my youth and having to walk everywhere. Many, many were the times that I wished that I had had a car, but at the time I didn’t take time to think of the beauty that was right before me (just like this picture).


Now, in my sunset years, I can appreciate the beauty of this scene more than I ever could as a youth – and that’s a good thing. As I continue to reflect upon this picture, I realize there is more than just lush greenery to this scene, there is a well worn dirt road that leads towards the sun.


During our lives, we all take roads, leading to many different destinations- some pleasant and others not-so-much. Today, ask yourself this: Where is my life headed? The Bible has the answer and here it is…


John 14 ( World English Bible )

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.


Jesus is the way. He is the way leading to God (because he is the son of God) He is the example of how one should live their lives. He has provided the one and only sacrifice for our sin. The word “way” also means a road or path in the original, so this puts a new spin on the picture at the top.


Again the question: Where is my life headed? If the answer is – toward the Son, then you are headed in the right direction!