12/4/20

Peace by Gary Rose

 


2020 has been a year of turmoil, fear, anxiety and upheaval. Many people have died, myriads more are sick with the Corona virus. Many, many small businesses have closed shop, with more to follow. Far too many people have suffered financial hardship and for some, ruin. Depressing, utterly depressing.


Today, as I sat down to work on my Friday post, I saw this picture and loved it. The softness of it impressed me. The colors hit a gentle chord within my being. The fading mist foretold of pleasant day. Somehow, this little picture encouraged me, and I knew everything was going to be OK.


Encouragement is something we all need in times like these. Jesus knew the same for his little band of disciples and said these words…



John 14:27 ( World English Bible )

27 Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don’t let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful.


If I were to encourage you, that would be a good thing to do. I think my efforts would be useful for some people, especially my friends. Strangers, on the other hand, maybe and maybe not. Why? Because, for some people they just have to know you in order to believe you.


But, Jesus is known by the world. Who he was (is), what he did and the legacy he left have literally changed the world. When Jesus says that he leaves his disciples PEACE, that is more than just words, it is the one having all authority in heaven and on Earth pronouncing HOPE.


Seeing an attractive, serene picture probably will elicit a mild sense of peace in some people, but when the LORD OF ALL THE UNIVERSE TELLS YOU OUTRIGHT THAT HE WILL GIVE YOU PEACE- WELL, LISTEN AND BELIEVE!!


May 2020 end on a good note and 2021 be a wonderful year. I am here to tell you that no matter what happens, if you have Jesus as your LORD and SAVIOR, you will have peace, knowing that heaven awaits for a faithful follower of Jesus.