12/11/20

Tranquility by Gary Rose

 

 

A simple scene; one of great beauty. The contrast of light and dark and the intense color of the butterfly as compared to the almost transparent appearance of one of the flower’s petals is breathtaking. I find this picture both calming and insightful.


This year has been difficult. I need more things in my life that will produce a positive and pleasant existence. I have grown very tired of all the controversy about the corona virus and the election. I need peace. Somehow, a small thing like this picture helps.


However, more than any picture I have ever seen, the Bible leads my mind to peace, because it leads me to the mind of God and the examples of people like Moses, Paul and especially Jesus. Paul put it this way…



Philippians 4 ( World English Bible )

6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these things.



Prayer, the word of God and Jesus are my guide. They change me and provide a comfort that is beyond description. I learn from the Almighty; how to think, feel and LIVE.


Today, may you be blessed by growing closer to God. May your thoughts be directed towards good things (like those of verse 8 above) and may you find peace and tranquility far beyond anything a mere image can produce.


Your friend,


Gary