1/18/21

Blessed are you, when... by Gary Rose

 

Remember them? These two FASCIST dictators from the 20th century headed Italy and Germany in the 2nd World War. Along with Japan, their goal was to conquer and divide the world between them.


Although they differed in many things, they were in favor of a country where there was one voice and one only. Under their reign, there was severe persecution of any who dissented from any view held by the ruling class. Millions of people died as a result of their actions; 20 or more millions of people, in fact.


I am very concerned that our country is headed in the direction of Fascism. Recently, there has been a repeated effort to shut down conservative viewpoints. Big tech has censored many conservative voices (including my own). Recently, a conservative social media platform named Parler was effectively shut down when Amazon no longer allowed it to use their servers. This very day, I heard that CNN is calling for NEWSMAX TV to be shut down as well. Consider also, the second impeachment of Donald Trump is nothing less than an effort to prevent him from running for office again. The house of representative held no hearings, interrogated no witnesses, simply decided to impeach him, period. This impeachment was a violation of his civil rights and UN-American. If the speaker of the house sends the article of impeachment to the senate after Donald Trump is no longer in office, the senate can not convict him of it, for the senate has no power to convict a private citizen of anything. If they go through with impeachment and convict him anyway, they will violate the Constitution.


In two days, The Democratic party will have the control of the government and one can only wonder what they will do. What they have said is akin to Fascism and if they follow through with their rhetoric, then Christians will become a prime target.


What the Democratic party does not realize is that they can severely persecute and even kill Christians, but they will never be able to wipe them out. Christianity has endured persecution before and eventually converted the pagans to Christ.


In my opinion, the next four years will be extremely difficult for those of us who call ourselves Christians, but have courage. Jesus has said:


Revelation 2 ( World English Bible )

7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him who overcomes I will give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of my God.


11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. He who overcomes won’t be harmed by the second death.


17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him who overcomes, to him I will give of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no one knows but he who receives it.


26 He who overcomes, and he who keeps my works to the end, to him I will give authority over the nations.


Revelation 3 ( WEB )

5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.


12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.


21 He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne.


Revelation 21 ( WEB )

1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth have passed away, and the sea is no more.

2 I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.

3 I heard a loud voice out of heaven saying, “Behold, God’s dwelling is with people, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

4 He will wipe away from them every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; neither will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more. The first things have passed away.”

5 He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” He said, “Write, for these words of God are faithful and true.”

6 He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give freely to him who is thirsty from the spring of the water of life.

7 He who overcomes, I will give him these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son.


Jesus tells us only the truth. In the end, no one can successfully oppose the will of God. One last thought: Those who follow Jesus are blessed! Consider Jesus’ words from the sermon on the mount…


Matthew 5 ( WEB )

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.

10 Blessed are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. ​

11 “Blessed are you when people reproach you, persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven. For that is how they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

13 “You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt has lost its flavor, with what will it be salted? It is then good for nothing, but to be cast out and trodden under the feet of men.

14 You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill can’t be hidden.

15 Neither do you light a lamp, and put it under a measuring basket, but on a stand; and it shines to all who are in the house.

16 Even so, let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.