1/8/21

"Postcards", Hymns and Jesus by Gary Rose

 

To listen to this hymn sung by a quartet, paste the link below into your browser...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciw3d6oUYAU


I saw the “Postcard from God” and started singing it to myself. I enjoyed singing this brief portion of the hymn so much that I searched and found the sheet music for it and then an acappella quartet singing it. I noticed that at the top of the sheet music there was a reference to John 14 and I thought to share it with you…



John 14 ( World English Bible )

1 “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.

2 In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.

3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.

4 Where I go, you know, and you know the way.”

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on, you know him, and have seen him.”



In these tumultuous times, it is reassuring to remember that this world is truly not our home, for that home awaits us in heaven. Believe in God and in his one and only son; someday all the faithful “in Christ” will go home – FOREVER! May the “Postcard”, the sheet-music, the singing and the words of Jesus, enrich your day and bring you closer to God; It did for me!