2/5/21

You are a winner by Gary Rose

 

The news about politics was so disturbing that I just could not sleep. So, here I am at about 2:30 in the morning writing this post. I looked and looked and continued to look at what seemed like hundreds of pictures… then I saw this one.

I realized that it doesn’t matter who hates me for following Jesus or what they do to me. All men die, but not all men really live. To choose Jesus is to submit to his authority, his will. Some will love you for your choice and other will hate you enough to kill you. And they may. So what? We all die sooner or later. In Christ we win the long game- eternity!


The apostle Peter said…


1 Peter 2 ( World English Bible )

1 Putting away therefore all wickedness, all deceit, hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speaking,

2 as newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby,

3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious:

4 coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious.

5 You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

6 Because it is contained in Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious: He who believes in him will not be disappointed.”


The political environment may prove difficult for Christians over the next few years, but in the end God’s will for those who faithfully follow him will result in heavenly blessing. In other words – we win! How do I know this? Read the last verse a second time and pay special attention to the last part of it. 

 

Therefore, Christian- you win. Period!