3/1/21

Exhilaration by Gary Rose

 

This past Saturday I happened to open Facebook ( haven’t browsed it in a while) and I was greeted with their memories of my past postings. This particular one was from 2013. Pal was still new to our home then, but as you can see from the picture, he was happy. It is unusual to see him lying on his back and smiling. Since I can’t read his mind, I will never know his thoughts, so I will just have to be content to view his actions; and the simply shout happiness. By the way, there were several other pictures of Pal in his cage ( he really loved that cage then ), but for the sake of brevity, I decided not to use them.


Question: What makes you happy? I can’t answer that question, but as far as I am concerned, my happiness comes from God, my own thoughts and the love of the brethren. Naturally, I think of this passage from the Book of Philippians…


Philippians 4 ( World English Bible )

4 Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I will say, “Rejoice!”

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these things.

9 The things which you learned, received, heard, and saw in me: do these things, and the God of peace will be with you.


Today, I would like to dwell on happiness; I think I will be blessed for it. I sincerely hope you will do the same. Want to go deeper?… Read Matthew 5: 3ff. Jesus’ words are among the most profound you will ever read!