3/26/21

My best friend is? by Gary Rose

 

It is a fact; dogs do not like a “Cone of Shame”. My dog Pal actually hates them and will do everything he can to rid himself of this annoying restriction; in fact, he has managed to get out of it on several occasions.


Most of the time, cats and dogs do not get along, but in some cases they do and these two seem to be friends. How do I know that? Well, a good friend will be there when you need them and comfort you when you are “down”.


Jesus said:


John 15 ( World English Bible )

9 Even as the Father has loved me, I also have loved you. Remain in my love.

10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and remain in his love.

11 I have spoken these things to you, that my joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be made full.

12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.

13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

14 You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you.

15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant doesn’t know what his lord does. But I have called you friends, for everything that I heard from my Father, I have made known to you.


I know Jesus is my friend because he actually did lay down his life for me. This is historical FACT; Jesus lived, he died and he rose again. His life for my sins- a good deal, for me anyway.


However, there is a catch. We have to do what he told us to do. Love him, love each other and desire the highest good for every human being. More that this, we need follow his teachings, his commitment and his attitude of service to God the Father.


If we do all that he wants us to do, he WILL BE THERE FOR US; now and unto eternity. Try to name any other person who has done so much for those he loves- you can’t. Somehow, the song: “I have found a friend in Jesus, he is everything to me” comes to mind.


1

I’ve found a friend in Jesus, He’s everything to me,
  He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
The Apple-tree of trees, in Him alone I see
  All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow He’s my comfort, in trouble He’s my stay,
  He tells me every care on Him to roll:
He’s the Apple-tree of trees, the Bright and Morning Star,
  He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.

2

He all my griefs has taken, and all my sorrows borne;
  In temptation He’s my strong and mighty tower;
I’ve all for Him forsaken, and all my idols torn
  From my heart, and now He keeps me by His power.
Though all the world forsake me, and Satan tempt me sore,
  Through Jesus I shall safely reach the goal:
He’s the Apple-tree of trees, the Bright and Morning Star,
  He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.

3

He’ll never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here,
  While I live by faith and do His blessed will;
A wall of fire about me, I’ve nothing now to fear,
  With His manna He my hungry soul shall fill.
Then sweeping up to glory to see His blessed face,
  Where rivers of delight shall ever roll:
He’s the Apple-tree of trees, the Bright and Morning Star,
  He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.


My wish for you this day is to remember your best friend ever (Jesus) as you go about your daily business. Who knows, perhaps you might even find yourself singing this hymn from time to time. You will be blessed if you do.