3/24/21

Sometimes, we just need a bit of humor by Gary Rose

 

What a difference today has been as compared to yesterday. Yesterday was cloudy, cold and dreary; today is bright, sunny and warm. Again, what a difference a day can make. All this affected me as well, walking my dog Pal was a joy today, yesterday – well, not so much. I kept thinking, what could I possibly write about today? Then I saw this picture among the hundreds of other jpegs; it made me chuckle. And I thought to my self- Why not share this? As I continued to think about humor, I remembered an episode from the book of Acts…


Acts 12 ( World English Bible )

13 When Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a maid named Rhoda came to answer.

14 When she recognized Peter’s voice, she didn’t open the gate for joy, but ran in, and reported that Peter was standing in front of the gate.

15 They said to her, “You are crazy!” But she insisted that it was so. They said, “It is his angel.”

16 But Peter continued knocking. When they had opened, they saw him, and were amazed.


Rhoda was surprised, excited and didn’t have the sense to open the door, but instead ran to tell the others. I think that along with their disbelief there was probably a bit of humor in the situation as well. And, we really need all the humor we can get. Good thing they believed her; after all, she might have called the cat or the dog in for a consult...