5/5/21

"Hang in there" by Gary Rose

 

I like this picture; it says to me: Hang in there, rely on your roots and everything will be OKAY! I know, this tree doesn’t appear to have any hope of survival, but the size of it indicates its been “Hanging in there” for a long time.


Today, it has become fashionable to criticize and even in some places, persecute Christians. This opposition may take the form of being ostracized by friends or relatives or may even cost you financially or professionally even something worse. But “Hang in there”.


Why? Listen to what the Bible says…


Matthew 28 ( World English Bible )

18 Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.

19 Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.


Answer: Jesus is with you. Simple answer, yet quite true. If Jesus is in charge (and he is) then even death will not be victorious over you.

Again: Hang in there!