5/26/21

Something VERY special by Gary Rose

 

What a beautiful picture! A sleeping ( or is it just drowsy? ) cat; safe and secure in its bed. All tucked in and peacefully pursuing a glorious night of refreshing sleep. Obviously, someone cares for this cat a great deal!


And then I thought about us- human beings. Who cares for us? Family, friends or just care-takers? More than them all, God takes care of us.

Consider just these two passages of Scripture today…


2 Corinthians 11 ( World English Bible )

17 That which I speak, I don’t speak according to the Lord, but as in foolishness, in this confidence of boasting.

18 Seeing that many boast after the flesh, I will also boast.

19 For you bear with the foolish gladly, being wise.

20 For you bear with a man, if he brings you into bondage, if he devours you, if he takes you captive, if he exalts himself, if he strikes you on the face.

21 I speak by way of disparagement, as though we had been weak. Yet however any is bold (I speak in foolishness), I am bold also.

22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I.

23 Are they servants of Christ? (I speak as one beside himself) I am more so; in labors more abundantly, in prisons more abundantly, in stripes above measure, in deaths often.

24 Five times from the Jews I received forty stripes minus one.

25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I suffered shipwreck. I have been a night and a day in the deep.

26 I have been in travels often, perils of rivers, perils of robbers, perils from my countrymen, perils from the Gentiles, perils in the city, perils in the wilderness, perils in the sea, perils among false brothers;

27 in labor and travail, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, and in cold and nakedness.

28 Besides those things that are outside, there is that which presses on me daily, anxiety for all the assemblies.


Hebrews 13 ( WEB )

5 …. for he has said, “I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.”

6 So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

I am continually amazed at the Apostle Paul. The things he said and did are almost a perfect example of a disciple of God. The only one that has been a greater servant of God than him is Jesus ( and that is saying a great deal )! About now, you may be saying to yourself: well, they were special and I am not. Yes, they were special and yes, you are special too. God looks after you and directs you to do the very best you can with the gifts that HE has given you. Remember that second passage…? God is OUR HELPER too.


I encourage you to be the best possible Christian you can be and to develop whatever gift you have been blessed with to its fullest. REMEMBER... GOD WILL HELP YOU TO ACCOMPLISH HIS WILL, FOR HE IS YOUR HELPER.


PS.. That “picture” at the top- well, its from a PENCIL DRAWING. Someone have been given a wonder gift from God; the “picture” is special and so is the gift God has given to you.


May God bless,

Gary