6/14/21

Sing! by Gary Rose

 


There is just something wonderful that happens within you when you sing in church. I don’t know how to explain it, but the fact that singing encourages you is undeniable.


As I thought about this, I remembered the following verse from the Bible, which should shed a little light on the subject…


Colossians 3 ( World English Bible )

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord.


The word of Christ is emphasized by the teaching and admonition of all the categories of songs within the verse and songs do have an effect upon the human heart as we sing.


I remember singing all the songs mentioned within the graphic at the top – and remember them fondly. Why? Because their teaching is combined with my heart felt love for God. The next time you sing with fellow Christians in church, realize that it is not just your heart that is proclaiming love to God, but a collective celebration of that love. Rejoice in all this and SING WITH ALL YOUR HEART, for I am quite sure that God IS LISTENING!