1/24/22

Danger and the listening ear by Gary Rose

 

I confess, I have never been “handy”. While I may be able to do some simple tasks with hand tools, power tools are a NO-NO for me. Over time, I have learned that it is best if I just avoid all power tools altogether. Then, there is the picture above, and NO, IT IS NOT ME! I think what this person is doing is very, very STUPID and DANGEROUS!


You know, it is very easy to see when other people are doing things that are wrong, but how about when we do something that has the potential of harming ourselves? Seeing something that is visually right-in-front-of-our eyes is easy, but what if it something pertaining to a spiritual aspect of our lives? Do we listen to what God has to say to us, or do we just do what we want and be unconcerned about the consequences?


The Bible says…


Proverbs 16 ( World English Bible )

25 There is a way which seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.


Face it, human beings ( especially those of the MALE gender ) tend to be impulsive and not listen when it comes to spiritual matters. During the teen years we act as if we will live forever and do foolish things, often with disastrous results. Hopefully, during our twenties or thirties we learn to listen, but some people will never listen their entire life. And, with their demise will come their destruction.


Others, will pretend to be religious, but inwardly they remain stubborn and make their own rules to the detriment of their souls. Jesus said…

Matthew 7 ( WEB )

21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’

23 Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

24 “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.

25 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.

27 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”


Jesus, is his name just a “swear word” to you? Do you listen to what Jesus has to say about YOUR LIFE, about how you should seek God and follow HIS COMMANDMENTS? Listen, learn and follow, you will be glad you did! Don’t listen, and reap the consequences. Trust me, not listening is far worse than the fate of the man in the above picture.