3/21/22

Entering HEAVEN by Gary Rose

 

Yesterday, I watched a movie called "Heaven is real". It told the story of a young child from Nebraska who almost died during an operation and went to heaven. While he was there, he met Jesus and relatives he never knew. Interestingly, an artist on the other side of the world painted a picture of Jesus that the youngster recognized instantly. And the best part- this movie was based on a true story.


Today, when I saw this picture, I was reminded of the movie. Obviously, after reaching the top of this staircase, a person would enter heaven. I have heard of many “near death” experiences, but not one of them involves a staircase. So, how does a person enter heaven? Well, the exact way one actually enters heaven is ultimately between God and those who desire entrance into God’s spiritual realm. The best we can know is what to do in this life to prepare and leave the rest up to God. The Bible says...

 

 

Believe John 8:24; Acts 16:31; Hebrews 11:6

Repent Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38; 3:19, 17:30

Confess Matthew 10:32f.; Romans 10:9f.; Philippians 2:5-11

Be Baptized Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 3:20f.

Be faithful Revelation 2:10; Matthew 10:22; Matthew 24:13; Mark 13:13;

Examples from the book of Acts...

Acts 2:1-47; 8:5-12; 8:26-40; 9:1-18 (see also 22:16); 10:1-48; 16:13-15; 16:25-30; 18:8; 19:1-7


Hopefully, you will look up the above references and believe what is written. If you don’t want to believe what the Bible says, then that is your choice, but as with any choice there are consequences. Consider the following…


John 12 ( World English Bible )

47 If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn’t believe, I don’t judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He who rejects me, and doesn’t receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke, the same will judge him in the last day.

49 For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak.”


AND


Matthew 7 ( WEB )

13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it.

14 How narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.

16 By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?

17 Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit.

18 A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.

19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.

20 Therefore, by their fruits you will know them.

21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’

23 Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

24 “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.

25 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.

27 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”


Heaven is God’s domain and he makes the rules, so, do what the Scriptures tell you to do and live.