5/9/22

Abortion by Gary Rose

 


Abortion is one very controversial topic. Both pro and con are very adamant about their beliefs. The pro-abortion group is resorting to intimidation of even the Supreme court in this country. Our current president is encouraging this view and is therefore breaking the law by doing so. How sad! There is no respect for the rule of law and this may eventually lead to the downfall of this nation. Sad indeed!


Today, I actually heard someone chant “Thank god for abortion”. I was shocked. The person who said this obviously does not know God, for abortion is contrary to the very nature of the Almighty creator. God is the author of life. To actually think that our creator would favor taking a life that has not done one thing against HIM is ridiculous to the extreme.


Consider the following excerpt from the Psalms...


Psalm 139 ( World English Bible )

1 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David. Yahweh, you have searched me, and you know me.

2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.

4 For there is not a word on my tongue, but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.

5 You hem me in behind and before. You laid your hand on me.

6 This knowledge is beyond me. It’s lofty. I can’t attain it.

7 Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence?

8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there!

9 If I take the wings of the dawn, and settle in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there your hand will lead me, and your right hand will hold me.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me; the light around me will be night;”

12 even the darkness doesn’t hide from you, but the night shines as the day. The darkness is like light to you.

13 For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.



Human beings are complex creatures. We have a body a soul and a spirit. Our minds are capable of producing a wide range of thought and actions, unlike any other creature under heaven. In short, we are very special indeed. God made us this way; in HIS IMAGE.


To deny the above facts is tantamount to rejecting God himself and replacing him with ourselves as deity. This is rebellion, pure and simple. It reveals a heart that chooses the devil and all lawlessness in place of God Almighty.


God intimately knows every single thing about us and still loves us. This is why HE sent Jesus to the cross to offer himself up as a sacrifice for our sins. Honor this sacrifice with all your being and love God by obeying his will. Do not kill those yet unborn, for who among us knows what they could become if given the chance; that knowledge is reserved to only God.