1/10/18

The Solution by Gary Rose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GTlULm-ThM 

https://www.google.com/search?q=megaminx&client=ubuntu&hs=Cty&channel=fs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwii5KPjxc3YAhWG7oMKHbEDDnYQ7AkINg&biw=1305&bih=654

Note: click on the link to view, or paste the web address into your browser


Remember Rubix cubes?  The multicolored picture within the post is that of a megamix, which is basically a Rubix cube on Steroids.  My friend, John Sammons put this picture on facebook today and stated that he had solved it many times (sounded sort of matter-in-fact, too). For those of you who do not know John, he is one very, very intelligent person!!! Frankly, I wish I had just half of his brain power!!!

Until today, I had never even HEARD ABOUT or even SEEN a MEGAMIX before, let alone solved it. So, I was curious, and did a Google search and was amazed at the variations!

Well, I didn't do the Rubix Cube thing, so I probably won't do this MEGAMIX either- frankly, I am a bit intimidated by it!!! But, I have always admired people with God-given gifts like solving complex puzzels.

For me, it's hard not to think of such things without mentioning Solomon; consider....


Ecclesiastes, Chapter 1 (World     English    Bible)
 12 I, the Preacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.  13 I applied my heart to seek and to search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under the sky. It is a heavy burden that God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with.  14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and behold, all is vanity and a chasing after wind.  15 That which is crooked can’t be made straight; and that which is lacking can’t be counted.  16 I said to myself, “Behold, I have obtained for myself great wisdom above all who were before me in Jerusalem. Yes, my heart has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.”  17 I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind.  18 For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.  

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 12 (W    E  B)
 8 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher. 
“All is vanity!” 

  9 Further, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge. Yes, he pondered, sought out, and set in order many proverbs.  10 The Preacher sought to find out acceptable words, and that which was written blamelessly, words of truth.  11 The words of the wise are like goads; and like nails well fastened are words from the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. 12 Furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. 

  13 This is the end of the matter. All has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.  14 For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it is good, or whether it is evil.   (Emphasis added)


The solution for MEGAMIX is given in the video. The solution for living is found in those last two verses above. Personally, I think that a solution for how to live one's life is far more important than a game!!! 

When someone like John Sammons says something- I listen. How much more then, when the wisest man from ancient Israel teaches- will I learn???

Will I really?  Will you??