1/25/19

Innocence and the Child of GOD by Gary Rose

 

This is cute. I especially like the “Pontius the Pilot part. There is just something about the way children THINK that is incredibly charming.

As I considered this a bit more, Christians should be different because of the way they are instructed to think. Please read the following verses…


Romans 16 ( World English Bible )
19 For your obedience has become known to all. I rejoice therefore over you. But I desire to have you wise in that which is good, but innocent in that which is evil. (emphasis added)

Philippians 4 ( World English Bible )
 8  Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these things(emphasis added)

John 13 ( World English Bible )
 33  Little children, (emphasis added) I will be with you a little while longer. You will seek me, and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you can’t come,’ so now I tell you.   34  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just like I have loved you; that you also love one another.   35  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” 


Positiveness and not negativity, good and not evil, purity and not corruption; these are the traits of a Christian. Be sure to add holiness, faithfulness and LOVE to the mix and and how could you go wrong.

Jesus called his disciples “little children” and that name should be applied to us as well. Just think about it, OK?