3/15/19

More accurately by Gary Rose



For the past 15 years I have lived in Florida, but, before that in several northeastern states. So, I am quite accustomed to how Floridians speak. They have their own way of expressing things, most notably ending sentences with prepositions. Now, this sign is a new one to me. I just never thought about the plural or plural possessives of “Y’all” before. So, I probably have misused “Y’all” many times without knowing it – sorry about that! I just didn’t have anyone to teach me, that’s all. And this last sentence reminded me of a passage from the book of Acts…


Acts 18 ( World English Bible )
Act 18:24, Now a certain Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by race, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus. He was mighty in the Scriptures.
Act 18:25, This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, although he knew only the baptism of John.
Act 18:26, He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside, and explained to him the way of God more accurately. (emphasis added)
Act 18:27, When he had determined to pass over into Achaia, the brothers encouraged him, and wrote to the disciples to receive him. When he had come, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace;
Act 18:28, for he powerfully refuted the Jews, publicly showing by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.


Prior to becoming a New Testament Christian, I worshiped with many denominations for about 8 years, trying to be as faithful to God as I could. Shortly after becoming a Christian according to the accurate teaching the Bible, I went to a school of preaching and then into the ministry.

The point of all this is that we need to be patient with those who are in denominations, for who knows if perhaps they just need a little instruction in order to obey the truth of the Gospel and be saved. There are probably many out there who are ready and willing to hear the truth. Maybe even another Apollos?

Do “All y’all” get it?