4/1/19

Hold fast by Gary Rose



Take a moment and place your hand over the lower half of the picture. When I do this, I see a healthy, quite normal tree. When I take my hand away- I see a tree hanging on for dear life. One that may or may not survive.

The thought occurred to me that Christians are like this tree, hanging onto Christ for dear life. The phrase “hold fast” came to my mind and along with it the plight of the Christians as pictured in the book of Hebrews…


Christ: our example

Hebrews 3 ( World English Bible )
but Christ is faithful as a Son over his house; whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the glorying of our hope firm to the end.


The father sent Jesus into the world to do a mission, namely to redeem all mankind from sin. Jesus did this in spite of continuous opposition, persecution, physical and emotional hardship. He endured, even to the point of dying a terrible, humiliating death on a Roman cross. We should look to his example and remain faithful until we depart from this world. Jesus did,so should we.

Christ in us
Heb 3:14, For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence firm to the end:


Remember what excitement there was on the day you became a Christian? I do, and along with that feeling, a confidence in God’s word that HE would always be there to save me until my last day here on the planet earth. I was different, I was joined to Christ and the seal of this was the Holy Spirit given to me at my baptism. If I always remember this, I will be faithful for God is with me.

Christ: our hope
Heb 10:23, let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering; for he who promised is faithful.


Because of Jesus, I have hope. Hope of something better, something more pure than anything this life has to offer. Its up to me to acknowledge Jesus before the world; to never deviate from him who loved me enough to die for me.

When I remember all these things, then whenever the is evil of this world comes at me (and it WILL) I can remember where my roots are and overcome. A thousand years from now I will still be singing his praises in heaven.

Want to join me?