4/3/19

The plumb line by Gary Rose



Today, people want to make everything “fuzzy”. By doing this, right and wrong become a matter of opinion; therefore , everyone can be guiltless. Reality is a different matter. A lady can not be a little bit pregnant; either she is or isn’t, period. And when a person dies and is left unattended, there will be a stench after three days. In other words, some things are absolutely right or wrong. Judgment can be made. That is why we make plumb-lines; to determine if something is straight or not. Now, plumb-lines are mentioned in the Bible, in the book of Amos…


Amos 7 ( World English Bible )
Amo 7:1, Thus the Lord Yahweh showed me: and behold, he formed locusts in the beginning of the shooting up of the latter growth; and behold, it was the latter growth after the king’s harvest.
Amo 7:2, It happened that, when they made an end of eating the grass of the land, then I said, “Lord Yahweh, forgive, I beg you! How could Jacob stand? For he is small.”
Amo 7:3, Yahweh relented concerning this. “It shall not be,” says Yahweh.
Amo 7:4, Thus the Lord Yahweh showed me and behold, the Lord Yahweh called for judgment by fire; and it dried up the great deep, and would have devoured the land.
Amo 7:5, Then I said, “Lord Yahweh, stop, I beg you! How could Jacob stand? For he is small.”
Amo 7:6, Yahweh relented concerning this. “This also shall not be,” says the Lord Yahweh.
Amo 7:7, Thus he showed me and behold, the Lord stood beside a wall made by a plumb line, with a plumb line in his hand.
Amo 7:8, Yahweh said to me, “Amos, what do you see?” I said, “A plumb line.” Then the Lord said, “Behold, I will set a plumb line in the midst of my people Israel. I will not again pass by them any more. (emphasis added)
Amo 7:9, The high places of Isaac will be desolate, the sanctuaries of Israel will be laid waste; and I will rise against the house of Jeroboam with the sword.”


The plumb-line is presented last in a series of judgments. It represents the standard of judgment; a measurement of right and wrong. Israel will be measured and apostasy removed.

Sooner or later everyone will be judged by God. Walk the straight and narrow to avoid punishment. Jesus has shown the way to do this; listen to him and LIVE!