12/4/19

Fearlessness by Gary Rose




For a chicken, I imagine this is one very dangerous place. Reality is that it is not, but that chicken doesn’t know that. I do know that chickens know fear, because when I visit my daughter’s house and my dog gets out of the truck, they run for their life. Again, reality is that my dog Pal may bark sometimes, but he wouldn’t hurt anyone (even chickens).

As for human beings, we all know fear. It may be something as simple as realizing you are coming down with the flu, but once we know something really bad is about to happen, we react. But, remember when you were a very small child and something scared you; what did you do? You ran to Mommy or Daddy for help, often with tears in your eyes and crying uncontrollably. But, then you grew up and who do you go to then? For the Christian, we seek God, and David, that ancient king of Israel did the same…


Psalm 23 ( World English Bible )
[1] A Psalm by David. Yahweh is my shepherd: I shall lack nothing. [2] He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. [3] He restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
[4] Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. [5] You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup runs over. [6] Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in Yahweh’s house forever.


God was with David and guided him through all sorts of danger. David’s close relationship with the almighty is best expressed in the famous 23rd Psalm. A Psalm which expresses the trust, love and confidence David had toward God. I wonder, can we say the same things? If not, begin by reading your Bible; I recommend reading the Gospel account of Mark. Its straightforwardness and brevity make it an enjoyable read. After that, go to the book of Acts and see how the Gospel of Jesus spread throughout the then known world. Enjoy!