2/19/20

News! by Gary Rose


Today, I received my copy of the “Defending the Faith” Study Bible from Apologetics Press and I was impressed. It is the N.K.J.V. and as you might guess, its focus is Christian Apologetics. That is, to a make a defense for the faith that has been delivered to us (1 Peter 3:15). If this interests you, just go to ApologeticsPress.org and order one -you will be glad you did.

I have always admired the work that Apologetics Press does and post their articles on my blog on a regular basis. After spending an hour or so looking at the Bible, I put it down to do other things, but it was still in the back of my mind. Later, I thought of the Apostle Paul making his defense before king Agrippa (Acts 26) and especially the last part, where Agrippa realizes that he is being persuaded to become a Christian. And I thought, what if I made a copy of that old sermon of mine, called “News” and put it in the back of that Bible (it might prove very useful). After all, isn’t Apologetics really evangelism? So, read on to see the “News”…

News 
 
"He is my everything" ISA 40:3-11
I. INTRODUCTION

A. Remember the Gulf war.. CNN was there !! Real News! Really important!
B. Reality is.. we have the BEST NEWS (and we need to share it !)
C. Real good question... Given any thought to spiritual things...?
D. Real needs is the point of the question.
E. Real tough question... If you died today, what would happen to you??
F. Read the bible and know... look at Paul’s letter to the Romans.

II. BODY

A. THE GOOD NEWS ROM 1:16

B. THE BAD NEWS ROM 3:10-11
1. The problem 3:23
2. The penalty 5:12

C. THE GREAT NEWS
1. God's problem 2:5
2. God's payment 5:8

D. THE PERSONAL NEWS
1. You make it by... 6:16-17; 6:1-11
2. Your choice         6:23, 7:4
3. Your decision      16:25-26; 6:23, 8:28,10:1
4. Your chance        2:5-11, 13:11-12
5. Your witness       10:8-10... you say ... what?

III. CONCLUSION

A. THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING NEW FOR US TONIGHT, BUT NEWSWORTHY, NONETHELESS!

B. THERE IS STILL TIME TO DO WHAT WE CAN DO FOR THE CAUSE CHRIST.

C. THIS IS ONE OF MANY WAYS WE CAN SERVE, PRESS ON !!


I hope you enjoy this little sermon; its quick, easy and makes a great little evangelism tool. And yes, its dated to the gulf war era (circa 2001). Even though its old, God’s message is still GOOD NEWS and should be proclaimed anyway we can, even by news boys.