4/6/20

ERRONEOUS BELIEF IS NOT A VALIDATION OF TRUTH STEVE FINNELL

http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2017-03-30T17:06:00-07:00&max-results=10

ERRONEOUS BELIEF IS NOT A VALIDATION OF TRUTH STEVE FINNELL

The sinner's prayer is an erroneous belief.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.


I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

There is no Scripture that confirms the sinner's prayer as fact. The proof-texts given are 1 John 1:5-10 and Luke 18:9-14.

1 John 1:5-10.....9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness....... (NASB)

In 1 John 1:5-10, John was addressing Christians, he was not talking to sinners outside of the body of Christ. Non-Christians need to meet God's terms for pardon in order to have their sins forgiven.

Luke 18:9-14.....14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."......(NASB)

Jesus was talking to a Jewish Pharisee and a Jewish tax collector. The tax collector said a prayer of humility and Jesus said he went to his house justified. The Pharisee nor the tax collector prayed in the name of Jesus. The tax collector was not added to the body of Christ by saying a prayer of humility. Jesus had not died nor had He been resurrected from the dead. The new covenant was not in effect. Men need to follow God's terms for pardon to have sins forgiven under the new covenant.

No matter how sincere or honest a person is erroneous doctrine cannot save them.

GOD'S TERMS FOR PARDON.
1. FAITH: John 3:16
2. REPENTANCE: Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19
3. CONFESSION: Romans 10:9
4. IMMERSION IN WATER: Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16, Acts 22:16, John 3:5, Romans 6:3-7, Colossians 2:11-13, Galatians 3:26-27, Ephesians 5:25-27, Titus 3:5, Acts 8:35-38

Humility and prayer is the avenue to the truth.