4/6/20

Thinking by Gary Rose



I understand that it is necessary to keep the public informed about the Coronavirus, but after repeatedly listening to 1.5 hour long presidential briefings on the subject, I am finding it a little depressing. All those deaths, all that suffering (physical, emotional and economic) is hard to deal with. Today, I saw this picture about positive things and I was reminded of the following verse of Scripture…


Philippians 4 ( World English Bible )
 [8] Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report: if there is any virtue and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.


I don’t have control over this virus situation or over the many things in life that just happen, but I do have control over my own thinking. Both the six sayings in the picture and the Apostle Paul’s admonition about thinking will go a long way towards getting and keeping my thoughts on the right path. Try reading the Philippians verse once each day for a week; I think it will help. Stay safe and think about positive things. Remember, with God all things are possible!