10/16/20

A sign for the times by Gary Rose

 

Just a picture of a one-way sign; but more than that, the shadow it makes forms a cross. Put the two together and you get- One way, the cross. After seeing this I can’t help but remember the words of Jesus…


John 14 ( World English Bible )

1 “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.

2 In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.

3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.

4 Where I go, you know, and you know the way.”

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.



The way to heaven is a one-way street: One


1. One man, Jesus.                                                  John 14:6; 1Cor 15:45-47

2. One Truth, HIS WORDS.                                 John 12:48-50; John 6:68

3. One Gospel, Jesus’ gospel.                             Gal.1:6-9; 1Corth.5:1-4

4. One Church; The one Jesus died for.           Mt. 16:13-19;Acts 20:28

5. One Hope, Resurrection out of the dead.  John 11:38-44; 1 Cor. 15

6. One Future, eternal life with God.                Rev. 20:6; Rev. 21:1-8

7. One message for you.                                              Acts 2:14-47



Man wants to design his own way to enter heaven, but ONLY God's way will get him there; after all, it is God’s heaven and only HE designs the entrance requirements and determines who actually enters into eternal bliss with HIM.


Jesus said:


Matthew 7 ( World English Bible )

21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’

23 Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

24 “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.

25 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.

27 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”


Are you standing on the rock (of God, that is Jesus) or on the shifting sand of your own reasoning?


See also…Psa. 118:22; Isa. 28:16; Matt 21:42; Mark 12:10; Acts 4:11;1Pet 2:7; 1Pet 2:8 and especially Acts 2:14-47



Choose Jesus (the rock) and live!