2/19/21

That missing element by Gary Rose

 

Nice picture! I couldn’t help but think of brother Larry Shatzer when I saw this picture because he is an avid collector of the written word and delights in books more than anyone I have ever known.


But, the more I looked at this picture I noticed something was not right about it, and then I saw it- the clouds were shown too far down into the picture. Clouds should be higher that this picture shows them.


Again, NICE PICTURE! On seeing this picture, I remember often reading a book and feeling elevated and blessed when done with it. Books can bless you life in ways that seem to emanate straight from heaven!


Once again, something seemed a little off. I stared and stared and realized- there was not ONE BIBLE there. The most important book in the world and the most read and it was missing.


Consider…


2 Timothy 3 ( World English Bible )

16 Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness,

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.


The Bible is the revelation of God’s will for man. It is filled with examples of men who did their very best to please God and others who hated HIM. The Holy Scriptures contain wisdom and practical advice that will help us live correctly. Literally, they have every thing we will ever need to be a truly spiritual person.


Don’t let the Bible be that “missing element” in your life. Read it regularly, and most of all, seek to do the will of Jesus, for in doing so you will be blessed beyond anything you could ever possibly imagine.


Jesus said…


John 10 ( WEB )

9 I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture.

10 The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.


Believe this, because it is TRUE!