3/8/21

Don't give up by Gary Rose

 

Familiar? Well, it is to me! Frustrating, you bet! Sometimes things just don’t work out like they are supposed to. But, when things don’t go right- go left. What I mean by this is to be creative. When this happens to me, I reach for a knife and cut around the inside of the perimeter of the jar to bypass the problem. In other words, I do something different.


When I saw this picture, it immediately made me think of prayer. I know, this sounds strange. However, we all have had situations where we pray about something and we do not get what we pray for. So, what do we do then?


Jesus says…


Luke 18 ( World English Bible )

1 He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up,

2 saying, “There was a judge in a certain city who didn’t fear God, and didn’t respect man.

3 A widow was in that city, and she often came to him, saying, ‘Defend me from my adversary!’

4 He wouldn’t for a while, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God, nor respect man,

5 yet because this widow bothers me, I will defend her, or else she will wear me out by her continual coming.’”

6 The Lord said, “Listen to what the unrighteous judge says.

7 Won’t God avenge his chosen ones, who are crying out to him day and night, and yet he exercises patience with them?

8 I tell you that he will avenge them quickly. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”


If even a ungodly judge can be motivated to help someone who is persistent in a petition, then will not not GOD (who loves us) grant our request? If we desire something of God and continue in our entreaties to him, will HE not do right by us?


Continue in prayer? Absolutely! We exhibit faith when we do this and show our trust in GOD. Do not give up, continue in your prayers, even if it involves multiple decades. In the meantime, do all that you can to solve the situation yourself and leave the rest up to GOD. PRAY, and don’t give up!