10/31/18

Reflections on Psalms 18 by EE Healy

http://www.eehealy.com/commentary/Reflections%20on%20Psalms%2018.pdf

Reflections on Psalms 18: On the evening of July 12, 2017 I had a very sound sleep but woke with one thing on my mind.  Read Psalms 18 was going over and over in my mind with the words focused on Psalms 18:5. I normally don’t remember dreams or details of dreams even though I know I have dreams from time to time.  I suppose we all dream and especially when we have a lot on our minds from the day before when we retire in the evening. This last evening of rest was different.  I know I had a dream but the content I do not remember.    However, the one thing that stands out is that I saw a figure, person, messenger or perhaps an angel.   They messenger kept repeating to me “Read Psalms 18!” over and over three times very loudly.  The last thing I remember were the words “Read Psalms 18:5!” So when I woke I got my Bible and read Psalms 18:5 and then all of Psalms 18.  Then I turned to Psalms 118 and read that as well. There is a message in God’s word.  I encourage you all to take a moment and read these verses in this order.  Start with a prayer for a clear mind and open heart to what the Spirit is revealing to you.    First read Psalms 18 then turn to Psalms 118 and read it completely. Then go back and read Psalms 18:4‐6 and then read Psalms 118:5‐9. Think on these words.  Meditate on them and see how they speak to you today. God in His word has given me a message of encouragement.   To God Be The Glory!

The Best To You!

Edward E. Healy

The Abiding Word www.TheAbidingWord.com