10/31/18

The color of power by Gary Rose



To me, this is a very unusual picture. Why? Because of the colors of the lightning strike. Why do they appear red and blue when the hit the ground? - frankly, I don’t know. Curious, I went to Wikipedia1 for some information. I did see a couple of lightning colors, but no lightning strike variations from the usual white.

If I feel motivated, perhaps I will do a bit more research at another time, but for now, these strike colors remain a mystery. As I thought of these things I remembered God using lightning to attack Egypt. In short order, I found this passage...



Exodus 9 (World English Bible)
 22  Yahweh said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, on man, and on animal, and on every herb of the field, throughout the land of Egypt.” 
  23  Moses stretched out his rod toward the heavens, and Yahweh sent thunder, hail, and lightning flashed down to the earth. Yahweh rained hail on the land of Egypt. 
 24 So there was very severe hail, and lightning mixed with the hail, such as had not been in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.


As I perused the Wikipedia page, I was amazed at the sheer volume of information. Humans are in fact, very intelligent creatures!

But, what I didn’t see struck me as odd: not a mention of lightning control. However, every farm boy knows that barns have lightning rods to control the flow of the discharge to the ground. Controlling the flash seems to be a power not yet available to our species.

It can be done, for God did it. Hummm, I wonder what the colors of the lightning strike were? Red and blue Egyptians- now, there is a thought!!!

1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning)