This little can seems to shout: Try me! And to many out there I imagine the mere thought of bread in a can sounds crazy. But, I have had this in the past and it IS A TREAT!!! Sometimes the best things in life are a complete surprise, just as this bread was the first time I tried it. Life has so many surprises in it that I can't even begin to make a list. But, if I did, this little passage from the Psalms would be on it. Read on to see what I mean.
Psalms 139:17-24 (WEB)
17) How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is their sum!
18) If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I wake up, I am still with you.
19) If only you, God, would kill the wicked. Get away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20) For they speak against you wickedly. Your enemies take your name in vain.
21) Yahweh, don’t I hate those who hate you? Am I not grieved with those who rise up against you?
22) I hate them with perfect hatred. They have become my enemies.
23) Search me, God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my thoughts.
24) See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.
(Psalms 139:17-24, WEB)
The Psalmist desires to know God and his thoughts and that is a wonderful thing; but to kill those he would classify as wicked? Isn't hatred wrong? Problem passage, perhaps? But if God's word is truth (and of course it is) then the hearts of the misguided as well as those who are super-spiritual must be considered. Whatever the condition of the speaker's heart, he felt it was right because he entreats God to "try me". I like this passage because of its genuineness, its searching for God. A person with a heart that really seeks after God will eventually turn from all hate and reach out to those who really need to seek after God. I wish there were a lot more "try me's" in the world and a lot less hatred... we would all be better for it.