I wonder if this photo was altered? Probably, but you never know. I picked it because of something I saw on TV today. Terry Jones was looking for a sign from God and wouldn't you know an Iman gave it to him. Intrigue around the on again off again Koran burning (perhaps on for Sept. 11, perhaps not). I find it coincidental that suddenly a local Iman becomes involved with a NYC Iman who is planning to build a mosque on the site of the despicable airplane attack of nine years ago. Then, along comes Donald Trump to save the day (with a 25% above purchase price bonus). Could it be that suddenly some people are looking for an easy way out of a difficult situation and invoking God in the matter makes everything alright. The question is: How do we know what is real and what is unreal? Consider the following passage:
Acts 3:12-22 (WEB)
12) When Peter saw it, he responded to the people, “You men of Israel, why do you marvel at this man? Why do you fasten your eyes on us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made him walk?
13) The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up, and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had determined to release him.
14) But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,
15) and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, to which we are witnesses.
16) By faith in his name, his name has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which is through him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17) “Now, brothers, I know that you did this in ignorance, as did also your rulers.
18) But the things which God announced by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he thus fulfilled.
19) “Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, so that there may come times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord,
20) and that he may send Christ Jesus, who was ordained for you before,
21) whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God spoke long ago by the mouth of his holy prophets.
22) For Moses indeed said to the fathers, ‘The Lord God will raise up a prophet for you from among your brothers, like me. You shall listen to him in all things whatever he says to you.
(Acts 3:12-22, WEB)
Jesus was God's sign, his messenger. To explain all his message in the context of this blog would be impossible, but everyone will agree he preached love. In light of this, I have to ask: How is this book burning an example of love? It appears to be predicated upon hate and without doubt violates the foundations of religious freedom this country is founded upon. For once, I find myself actually praising our current president for his words on this matter!!! The truth is that people can find a "sign" practically anywhere, if they look hard enough; but, that doesn't mean that their "sign" is from God. More likely than not, it is from their own desire for something. I pray that this proposed burning be stopped and cooler heads rule the situation. Do yourself a favor, listen to Jesus and NOT Terry Jones. Remember, people tend to photo-shop life as well as computer images.