This picture adds another dimension to the excuse:"my dog ate my homework". This xray might be real, but probably not. However, whether real or manipulated, it does show the fact that things happen. Problems occur and sometimes your homework does get lost, the keys misplaced, the check for the electric was never mailed or one of a thousand different problems just happen. When problems occur, what do we do, how do we react? Read on for an interesting little story...
Genesis 2:15-25 (WEB)
15) Yahweh God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16) Yahweh God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
17) but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it; for in the day that you eat of it you will surely die.”
18) Yahweh God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
19) Out of the ground Yahweh God formed every animal of the field, and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. Whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.
20) The man gave names to all livestock, and to the birds of the sky, and to every animal of the field; but for man there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21) Yahweh God caused a deep sleep to fall on the man, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.
22) He made the rib, which Yahweh God had taken from the man, into a woman, and brought her to the man.
23) The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh. She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of Man.”
24) Therefore a man will leave his father and his mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh.
25) They were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Genesis 3:1-19 (WEB)
1) Now the serpent was more subtle than any animal of the field which Yahweh God had made. He said to the woman, “Has God really said, ‘You shall not eat of any tree of the garden?’”
2) The woman said to the serpent, “Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat,
3) but of the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’”
4) The serpent said to the woman, “You won’t surely die,
5) for God knows that in the day you eat it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6) When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit, and ate; and she gave some to her husband with her, and he ate.
7) The eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked. They sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8) They heard the voice of Yahweh God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of Yahweh God among the trees of the garden.
9) Yahweh God called to the man, and said to him, “Where are you?”
10) The man said, “I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
11) God said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12) The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
13) Yahweh God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
14) Yahweh God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, you are cursed above all livestock, and above every animal of the field. On your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life.
15) I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will bruise your head, and you will bruise his heel.”
16) To the woman he said, “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth. In pain you will bear children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”
17) To Adam he said, “Because you have listened to your wife’s voice, and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground for your sake. In toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.
18) It will yield thorns and thistles to you; and you will eat the herb of the field.
19) By the sweat of your face will you eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
God made man and his wife, gave them a nice place to live and rules. You know, do this, don't do that. Seems simple enough, but sometimes even simplicity can be twisted. Which is exactly what Satan (the serpent) did. Adam and Eve didn't obey the rules and paid for it and there you go, we have life as we know it today. No, there wasn't a dog who ate their homework, but there was trickery, deception and outright lying. Just think of what life could have been like if only they had obeyed the rules. Probably a lot better that what we have today.