Thank you, Ron.... very funny!!!
I received this picture today from my friend Bruce in New Jersey. He said they had a foot of snow and all I could do was marvel at the fact. Then I looked at the picture; another snowy morning! Yet somehow the sun gave me the promise of hope and that is a good thing.....
Ecclesiastes 9:1-7 (WEB)
1) For all this I laid to my heart, even to explore all this: that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God; whether it is love or hatred, man doesn’t know it; all is before them.
2) All things come alike to all. There is one event to the righteous and to the wicked; to the good, to the clean, to the unclean, to him who sacrifices, and to him who doesn’t sacrifice. As is the good, so is the sinner; he who takes an oath, as he who fears an oath.
3) This is an evil in all that is done under the sun, that there is one event to all: yes also, the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
4) For to him who is joined with all the living there is hope; for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead don’t know anything, neither do they have any more a reward; for their memory is forgotten.
6) Also their love, their hatred, and their envy has perished long ago; neither have they any more a portion forever in anything that is done under the sun.
7) Go your way—eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already accepted your works.
Solomon was one very wise man; yet even he in his old age fell short. Who knows what will happen tommorrow; live life to the fullest each day. For the truth is: every day above ground is a good day (even the bad ones) because as long as there is life there is hope (just like the shining sun on a cold snowy morning). Today, now, is all we really have; do your best to please God right now and do not worry... it won't do any good (and might just make you sick). As for me, I will keep looking for the beauty of sunshine where I can; somehow it just makes me think the weather is warmer than it is.