Just a picture of dogs, isn't it? Yet, somehow I see a reflection of something more here. Humans act like this too, don't they? They force their will on one another, attempt (and sometimes succeed) to control one another and do all kinds of things that are less than wonderful. In short, sometimes humans act like animals. I like this passage of Scripture because it says something to me about control.
Galatians 5:1-18 WEB (R)
(1) Stand firm therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and don't be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
(2) Behold, I, Paul, tell you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will profit you nothing.
(3) Yes, I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
(4) You are alienated from Christ, you who desire to be justified by the law. You have fallen away from grace.
(5) For we, through the Spirit, by faith wait for the hope of righteousness.
(6) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision amounts to anything, nor uncircumcision, but faith working through love.
(7) You were running well! Who interfered with you that you should not obey the truth?
(8) This persuasion is not from him who calls you.
(9) A little yeast grows through the whole lump.
(10) I have confidence toward you in the Lord that you will think no other way. But he who troubles you will bear his judgment, whoever he is.
(11) But I, brothers, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been removed.
(12) I wish that those who disturb you would cut themselves off.
(13) For you, brothers, were called for freedom. Only don't use your freedom for gain to the flesh, but through love be servants to one another.
(14) For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
(15) But if you bite and devour one another, be careful that you don't consume one another.(16) But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh.
(17) For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, that you may not do the things that you desire.
(18) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Rules; nobody likes them, but they ARE NECESSARY! But what if they were NOT NECESSARY? With love, they are superfluous! Extra baggage to those who really love God; those who are led by the SPIRIT to do what is right, regardless of the circumstances. Law may rule, but LOVE CONQUERORS! As human beings, we break LAW, but with the LOVE OF GOD in our hearts, we overcome our natural tendencies and do HIS WILL without reference to LAW. It may be a "dog eat dog" world out there, but thanks to God; we have a helper to guide us from the path of sin. Something to think about on this cold January day....