I like this picture not only because of its idyllic setting, but because of its contrast in colors. Somehow the vividness of the colors enhances the black to utter blackness and that makes an impression on the mind. People are like that too, some are really bad and you remember them for a long time; the same is true of genuinely good people. Here is a passage from the book of John which seems to bring out what I am referring to....
John 1:1-9 (WEB)
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made.
4) In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5) The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn’t overcome it.
6) There came a man, sent from God, whose name was John.
7) The same came as a witness, that he might testify about the light, that all might believe through him.
8) He was not the light, but was sent that he might testify about the light.
9) The true light that enlightens everyone was coming into the world.
John the baptist was a really good man but when compared to Jesus he was like darkness. Jesus outshines all. Even the best of men can not compare to him. He adds zest and understanding to life like light does to blackness. Now, that is idyllic!!!