When I came home from work today, my wife asked if minded if she bought a bird; I told her she could get anything she wanted, only if it was going to be expensive, we should talk first. A pet would really provide comfort and company during those hours when I am not around. So, when I saw this picture I wondered if she would get a pet like one of these. The birds and the cat are cute and I was a little surprised to see them co-exist so easily until I thought a little bit about the young child. She reminded me of snow white because she seemed so pure and innocent. Christians are supposed to be like that so the following passage came to mind.
(1) Putting away therefore all wickedness, all deceit, hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speaking,
(2) as newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby,
(3) if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious:
(4) coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious.
(5) You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
(6) Because it is contained in Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious: He who believes in him will not be disappointed."
You start from wherever you are in your life and root out the old, study and though Jesus' help, grow. Sounds easy, but verse 1 is not so easy for everyone. But, over time growth happens and spiritual life blossoms. As far as the picture goes, I wonder what is in the basin on her lap; maybe its something they all need... I wonder what it would take to bring us ALL together like those animals? Hint: read verse 6 until the answer comes to you.