Alf; now there is a character!!! This looks like a nightmare and for Alf, a very scary one indeed!!! At one time or another, everyone has a nightmare. Any number of things could cause one, although for the majority of us, its probably not "cats". Here is a New Testament example of one.
Matthew 27:11-24 (WEB)
11) Now Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Jesus said to him, “So you say.”
12) When he was accused by the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.
13) Then Pilate said to him, “Don’t you hear how many things they testify against you?”
14) He gave him no answer, not even one word, so that the governor marveled greatly.
15) Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to release to the multitude one prisoner, whom they desired.
16) They had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
17) When therefore they were gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus, who is called Christ?”
18) For he knew that because of envy they had delivered him up.
19) While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, “Have nothing to do with that righteous man, for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.”
20) Now the chief priests and the elders persuaded the multitudes to ask for Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
21) But the governor answered them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?” They said, “Barabbas!”
22) Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do to Jesus, who is called Christ?” They all said to him, “Let him be crucified!”
23) But the governor said, “Why? What evil has he done?” But they cried out exceedingly, saying, “Let him be crucified!”
24) So when Pilate saw that nothing was being gained, but rather that a disturbance was starting, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this righteous person. You see to it.”
Pilate should have listened to his wife, but then, how could the scriptures be fulfilled? I guess dreams can be good things (even the bad ones). So, the next time you have a nightmare, perhaps there is a lesson to learn in there somewhere. Just don't have a heavy meal before going to bed, because, who knows, you may find yourself on a platter.