Trick picture. One color (yellow) was selectively chosen. The emphasis is so much that it is "over the top", but it does yield the desired effect. Ever known a PERSON who was like this; I have. Most of my adult working life I spent in laboratories of all kinds; research, tech service, product development and quality control and I have been blessed in knowing some of the smartest people on the planet. Yet, sometimes these "geniuses" were ridiculous. Some could focus in on a complex math problem or chemical interaction or experimental prediction, but to remember to wash or comb their hair or change their clothes regularly was beyond them. Seems funny doesn't it? Single mindedness to the nth degree seems absurd, but is it? Consider the following passage from Paul's letter to the Philippians...
Philippians 3:1-12 (WEB)
1) Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not tiresome, but for you it is safe.
2) Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision.
3) For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh;
4) though I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If any other man thinks that he has confidence in the flesh, I yet more:
5) circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee;
6) concerning zeal, persecuting the assembly; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, found blameless.
7) However, what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ.
8) Yes most certainly, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord, for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and count them nothing but refuse, that I may gain Christ
9) and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10) that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death;
11) if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12) Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, if it is so that I may take hold of that for which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus.
Paul found the truth about true religion and obsessively followed it, which sounds odd at first, but in reflection is wonderful. The way to life after life; who WOULDN'T WANT THAT? So maybe single mindedness isn't so bad after all. Well, have to go, the season finale of "The Big Bang Theory" is on tonight!Another trip down memory lane...