Somehow the words from a movie I can't remember come back to me:"Be afraid, be very afraid". If he is trying to frighten me; he succeeded! For me anyway, its very easy to see the danger here, but all danger is not so easily spotted. Check out this passage from the book of 1st Peter and you will see what I mean.
1 Peter 2:1-12 (WEB)
1) Putting away therefore all wickedness, all deceit, hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speaking,
2) as newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby,
3) if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious:
4) coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious.
5) You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6) Because it is contained in Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious: He who believes in him will not be disappointed.”
7) For you who believe therefore is the honor, but for those who are disobedient, “The stone which the builders rejected, has become the chief cornerstone,”
8) and, “a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” For they stumble at the word, being disobedient, to which also they were appointed.
9) But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that you may proclaim the excellence of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
10) who in time past were no people, but now are God’s people, who had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11) Beloved, I beg you as foreigners and pilgrims, to abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
12) having good behavior among the nations, so in that of which they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they see, glorify God in the day of visitation.
(1 Peter 2:1-12, WEB)
Every time you turn on the TV, someone is trying to sell you something; from cold medicines to slinky's and everything in between, we are bombarded with advertising. We become programmed to want more and more and more and MORE! Whether we think much about it or not, we are in a war; a war for your SPIRITUAL LIFE! There is real danger out there, danger that is much harder to identify than that in the picture above. It can start with the increasing desire to have more things (lust) and can progress to all sorts of spiritual problems. Be careful, be watchful, take some time to think about your life and ask yourself the question: Am I closer to God than I was a year ago? If your honest answer is uncomfortable to think about, then think of the guy with the machete and "be afraid, be very afraid"