Blue, blue and more blue!! This picture of a glacial Chilean lake gives blue a new meaning to me. Until I saw this, the only thing I really knew about Chile was my former supervisor, Myriam L. who moved there. Now, Chile takes on a new meaning to me and that is one of spectacular grandeur and breathtaking beauty. We think we know things and then something happens and a whole spectrum of meaning is unveiled to us. Job was a righteous man and thought he knew a lot (at least he argued pretty well with his three "friends"). But, when he questioned God, he was put in his place. This passage shows the first of a series of questions that GOD asked him?
Job 38:1-6 WEB (R)
(1) Then Yahweh answered Job out of the whirlwind,
(2) "Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
(3) Brace yourself like a man, for I will question you, then you answer me!
(4) "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if you have understanding.
(5) Who determined its measures, if you know? Or who stretched the line on it?
(6) Whereupon were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone,
OK, there is more than one question here, but it does a central thought: Where were you when.... The good news is that when all the questions God asks Job are put together, Job realizes he doesn't know as much as he thought he did and repents. Life is full of moments when we are forced to re-access our ideas of something and grow. Growth is good and change from growth is better! Lord, please send more things like glacial lakes my way; I still can learn!