This picture reminded me of something I almost forgot; I am getting forgetful. I had two items in my hand; applesauce for the refrigerator and Ramen soup for the cupboard. When I went to place the Ramen soup in the cupboard, I looked and to my surprise, it was the applesauce. I had placed the soup near the refrigerator instead of the applesauce!!! For a split second, I felt so very stupid and so very old. So, when I saw this picture I remembered I had to WAKE UP!!! Solomon spoke of the problems of "old age" and you can understand quite a bit if you take the time to think about it.
Ecclesiastes 12:1-8 (WEB)
1) Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come, and the years draw near, when you will say, “I have no pleasure in them;”
2) Before the sun, the light, the moon, and the stars are darkened, and the clouds return after the rain;
3) in the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those who look out of the windows are darkened,
4) and the doors shall be shut in the street; when the sound of the grinding is low, and one shall rise up at the voice of a bird, and all the daughters of music shall be brought low;
5) yes, they shall be afraid of heights, and terrors will be in the way; and the almond tree shall blossom, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail; because man goes to his everlasting home, and the mourners go about the streets:
6) before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken, or the pitcher is broken at the spring, or the wheel broken at the cistern,
7) and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
8) “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher. “All is vanity!”
I called my younger brother (in upstate New York) today; we had a long chat and he related how he is organizing a class reunion for next year. Which of course, made me think of my own High School Graduating Class! Next year it will be 45 years and I hope they have a reunion!!! It would be nice to see everyone one more time (you, know... before they die). I will not put it off like I have in the past, because, who knows... I might not get another chance. I guess the same holds true for remembering God.... better not forget, better not forget.... hummm... What was I trying to remember??? Wake up, Gary!!!!