Niagara Falls; now that is a place I will always remember! We went there on our honeymoon (several years after we were married) and this picture reminded me of its beauty at night. Funny how the mind works; sometimes a memory is triggered by a sound or a smell, but most ofter for me it is something beautiful. God gives us beautiful little signposts like a rainbow or a smile on a young child to bring joy into our lives. For the Jews, there were many of these and the following verses tell us of just one.
Numbers 15:37-41 WEB (R)
(37) Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying,
(38) Speak to the children of Israel, and tell them that they should make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put on the fringe of each border a cord of blue:
(39) and it shall be to you for a fringe, that you may look on it, and remember all the commandments of Yahweh, and do them; and that you not follow after your own heart and your own eyes, after which you use to play the prostitute;
(40) that you may remember and do all my commandments, and be holy to your God.
(41) I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am Yahweh your God.
The law was given in order that God's nation Israel was to be pure and HOLY; every single one of them. To help them remember, a blue cord was to remind them what God had commanded them. Like the law, this cord was to be with them all the time, triggering obedience to the perfection within its precepts and the result; a HOLY LIFE! If a mere picture like the one above can evoke memories after only one look, imagine the power of the words of an Almighty God before you all of the time. Now, that is really something to remember!!