This "fairy tale" castle in Germany once again reminded me of the royalty that I have been seeing so much of on TV the last few days. Its hard to imagine what it must be like to live in such splendor, but I am sure it would become commonplace after awhile. Today, as I watched the marriage of William and Kate, something the minister said impressed me. He said something like: "in one sense, every wedding is a royal wedding". How true; each of us is royalty because we have been adopted into the family of God as sons and daughters. Naturally, I thought of these verses from the book of 1st Peter....
1 Peter 2:1-9 (WEB)
1) Putting away therefore all wickedness, all deceit, hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speaking,
2) as newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby,
3) if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious:
4) coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious.
5) You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6) Because it is contained in Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious: He who believes in him will not be disappointed.”
7) For you who believe therefore is the honor, but for those who are disobedient, “The stone which the builders rejected, has become the chief cornerstone,”
8) and, “a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” For they stumble at the word, being disobedient, to which also they were appointed.
9) But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that you may proclaim the excellence of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
Each of us is very, very precious because of the price that God paid for each and every one of us. We may live in a shack, a townhouse, a mobile home or a castle, but we are loved with a love that shows how special we are. We are God's, we are a royal priesthood and precious in his sight. It might be nice to become the king of England, but we each have a high calling. Besides, I will have something in 5 years that William will not... a full head of hair!!