This picture is both the past and the present. Locomotives in the museum and on the tracks; both exist at the same time. This picture brought to mind something I recently heard about via a podcast; a six stroke engine. The last two cycles inject water into the piston and the resulting steam adds additional power (and cooling) to the operation of the vehicle. It also does one other important thing.... adds additional miles per gallon of gas. This world is a beautiful creation as well, but there awaits something better. Read on to see.....
Isaiah 65:17 WEB (R)
(17) "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Revelation 21:1-5 WEB (R)
(1) I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth have passed away, and the sea is no more.
(2) I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready like a bride adorned for her husband.
(3) I heard a loud voice out of heaven saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with people, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
(4) He will wipe away from them every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; neither will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more. The first things have passed away."
(5) He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." He said, "Write, for these words of God are faithful and true."
Isaiah's prophecy is yet to be seen, but because God's predictions always come true, faith tells me it will come to pass. Cars driven with gasoline and steam are wonderful things, but a whole new world; well, that will be something wonderful. I wonder what will power the cars then?