I wonder; do dogs have languages? If you have ever had a dog, then you know that they do communicate, they bark in different ways depending upon their situation, they use body language and look at you in different ways. Human, no, intelligent, yes. This sign will remain a mystery until someone researches the North Vancouver Bylaw it displays, but as far as dogs go, I don't think we will ever know about their "speech". Mysterous speech is mentioned in the Bible in Acts chapter 2. Read it to see what I mean....
Acts 2:1-21 (WEB)
1) Now when the day of Pentecost had come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2) Suddenly there came from the sky a sound like the rushing of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3) Tongues like fire appeared and were distributed to them, and one sat on each of them.
4) They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other languages, as the Spirit gave them the ability to speak.
5) Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under the sky.
6) When this sound was heard, the multitude came together, and were bewildered, because everyone heard them speaking in his own language.
7) They were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Behold, aren’t all these who speak Galileans?
8) How do we hear, everyone in our own native language?
9) Parthians, Medes, Elamites, and people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, Asia,
10) Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, the parts of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
11) Cretans and Arabians: we hear them speaking in our languages the mighty works of God!”
12) They were all amazed, and were perplexed, saying one to another, “What does this mean?”
13) Others, mocking, said, “They are filled with new wine.”
14) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and spoke out to them, “You men of Judea, and all you who dwell at Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15) For these aren’t drunken, as you suppose, seeing it is only the third hour of the day.
16) But this is what has been spoken through the prophet Joel:
17) ‘It will be in the last days, says God, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh. Your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions. Your old men will dream dreams.
18) Yes, and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days, I will pour out my Spirit, and they will prophesy.
19) I will show wonders in the sky above, and signs on the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and billows of smoke.
20) The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
21) It will be, that whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.’
People always focus in on the miracle of tongues, but it fact there were three miracles. First, that of the wind, second, the fire and lastly, the tongues. So, the Spirit is testifying by all three, not just one. That the tongues, were a known languages comes from an understanding of the Greek word and I think its blessing is that it fulfills the prophecy of Joel. The Gospel was to be preached to all, REGARDLESS of their native tongue. All this is fine, but I still don't know about the languages of dogs, so I will have to say woof (I mean goodbye) for now.