Not everyone is smart. Most people are just "average"; whatever that means. However, even the most average of the average have something above average about them. Case in point is a young lady I know; she didn't do well in school (but did graduate high school) and if you talked to her, you went away with the impression that she was a bit of an "air head". BUT, she could clean house better than anyone I have ever met and is a wonderful mother. Today, with a world full of ladies who have other priorities than being a housewife, she is a shining star!! Who says God doesn't know what he is doing? Consider the following....
1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (WEB)
18) For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are dying, but to us who are saved it is the power of God.
19) For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, I will bring the discernment of the discerning to nothing.”
20) Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Hasn’t God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21) For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.
22) For Jews ask for signs, Greeks seek after wisdom,
23) but we preach Christ crucified; a stumbling block to Jews, and foolishness to Greeks,
24) but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26) For you see your calling, brothers, that not many are wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, and not many noble;
27) but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;
28) and God chose the lowly things of the world, and the things that are despised, and the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are:
29) that no flesh should boast before God.
30) But of him, you are in Christ Jesus, who was made to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption:
31) that, according as it is written, “He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord.”
People come up with all sorts of ideas, some good and others, well, junk. No matter how smart you are and how confident you are right about everything, there will come a day when you will come face to face with your maker. Then what? Your intelligent design theories, your humanistic superiority and all the grandiose theoritical concepts you can muster will face one overwhelming fact; you are dead and have to answer for what you did in life. Don't wait until its too late; do accept intelligent design, that is, God's design for your life. You can read about it anytime... its in your BIBLE.