The beauty of this picture caught my eye; something about the clouds, something soothing, something that said "home" to me. Then, I asked myself; is it photo-shopped? The answer was a resounding NO, because I obtained it from the NASA site. Imagine, all these elements just happened at the same time by accident; I don't think so. Then I remembered what an old friend of mine used to say: Gary, timing is EVERYTHING!! And so it is!!! If you do a little walk down memory lane, think of all the things that you did at the "right time" and the effect these had on your life, it will amaze you. This little concept led me to the book of Galatians, where the apostle Paul writes..
Galatians 4:1-6 (WEB)
1) But I say that so long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a bondservant, though he is lord of all;
2) but is under guardians and stewards until the day appointed by the father.
3) So we also, when we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental principles of the world.
4) But when the fullness of the time came, God sent out his Son, born to a woman, born under the law,
5) that he might redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of children.
6) And because you are children, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father!”
(Galatians 4:1-6, WEB)
It may have been just circumstance that led to the beautiful composition of the picture, but with God, nothing happens by accident. He chose Jesus, and Jesus did what he had to do and the outcome of that has had consequences far beyond those of the century in which he was born. What could be more beautiful than that?