If you just look in the water, you really can't tell what the reflections are of. Something has disturbed them and it occurred to me when I saw this picture that life is just like it. If something bad happens, somehow everything looks distorted; you just can't see things right. But what if what is wrong is YOU? It may be a problem with an attitude, or sin or stress or maybe a relationship problem, but when it happens the world just looks WRONG!! At times like this, somehow, someway, I always manage to gain encouragement from the word of God. Here is one such example of encouragement.
2 Timothy 4:1-5 (WEB)
2 Timothy 4
1) I command you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his Kingdom:
2) preach the word; be urgent in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with all patience and teaching.
3) For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts;
4) and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside to fables.
5) But you be sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, and fulfill your ministry.
Do your best, do what God has told you to do and let it be. It may not be easy; you may fail. So what? The God who has the power to make the entire UNIVERSE, certainly has the power to understand our problems. The worst that can happen is you die and live forever with God in heaven. The best is seeing another GOD-VICTORY in your life. I hope my adopted (informally so) daughter is reading this and realizes that disturbed waters eventually calm. When they do, the power of God to work in your life will be just a little clearer. That brings a comfort that is beyond description.