Is this picture real? I am not a photography expert so I couldn't say, but my guess is that it is genuine. why? Because The Bible refers to spirits (ghosts) as being real. And contact with the spirit world is not always a good thing, as this passage relating to king Saul illustrates.
1 Samuel 28:5-20 WEB (R)
(5) When Saul saw the army of the Philistines, he was afraid, and his heart trembled greatly.
(6) When Saul inquired of Yahweh, Yahweh didn't answer him, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.
(7) Then said Saul to his servants, Seek me a woman who has a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and inquire of her. His servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman who has a familiar spirit at Endor.
(8) Saul disguised himself, and put on other clothing, and went, he and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, Please divine to me by the familiar spirit, and bring me up whoever I shall name to you.
(9) The woman said to him, Behold, you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off those who have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: why then do you lay a snare for my life, to cause me to die?
(10) Saul swore to her by Yahweh, saying, As Yahweh lives, there shall no punishment happen to you for this thing.
(11) Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up to you? He said, Bring me up Samuel.
(12) When the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice; and the woman spoke to Saul, saying, Why have you deceived me? for you are Saul.
(13) The king said to her, Don't be afraid: for what do you see? The woman said to Saul, I see a god coming up out of the earth.
(14) He said to her, What form is he of? She said, An old man comes up; and he is covered with a robe. Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he bowed with his face to the ground, and did obeisance.
(15) Samuel said to Saul, Why have you disquieted me, to bring me up? Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answers me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called you, that you may make known to me what I shall do.
(16) Samuel said, Why then do you ask of me, seeing Yahweh has departed from you, and has become your adversary?
(17) Yahweh has done to you as he spoke by me: and Yahweh has torn the kingdom out of your hand, and given it to your neighbor, even to David.
(18) Because you didn't obey the voice of Yahweh, and didn't execute his fierce wrath on Amalek, therefore Yahweh has done this thing to you this day.
(19) Moreover Yahweh will deliver Israel also with you into the hand of the Philistines; and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me: Yahweh will deliver the army of Israel also into the hand of the Philistines.
(20) Then Saul fell immediately his full length on the earth, and was sore afraid, because of the words of Samuel: and there was no strength in him; for he had eaten no bread all the day, nor all the night.
Saul was afraid because God had left him and would not communicate with him any longer. So, he contacts a woman who conjures up the spirit of Samuel and the news is bad, very bad. So bad that it took all the strength from Saul. The next day, Saul and his sons did in fact die and there you have it; the end of the story. Except that all this shows that spirits (ghosts) are real. There may be those who would scoff at the mere mention of a spirit world, but just think about it, today we have made advances in astronomy that enable us to see right through the interstellar dust clouds that have hidden untold numbers of galaxies for the whole of recorded human history. We are unlocking the DNA structure the encodes the blueprint of life and even have robots on the planet Mars. Maybe proving that the spiritual world is a reality is right around the corner. In the meantime, I choose to believe in what I can't truly prove because God has shown me so many other things. I just hope that if I meet up with a ghost, I get better news than Saul did!! And, oh, yes, I hope I have a camera ready!!!