Somehow, Hot Dogs and Martha Stewart seem strange together. Even more odd, A HUGE HOT DOG???? Although it may seem strange, yet here it is; the biggest Hot Dog I can ever remember seeing. To even BEGIN to think of tackling this monstrosity, you have to have to be a bit overzealous (I mean, CRAZY!!!). Yet, there are people out there that do CRAZY things all the time, like pie-eating, flag-pole sitting, tight-rope walking and a thousand other odd things. It takes a certain sort of person to be able to tackle the seemingly impossible and the Bible tells us about quite a few of them. Here is a short list...
2 Samuel 23:13-39 (WEB)
13) Three of the thirty chief men went down, and came to David in the harvest time to the cave of Adullam; and the troop of the Philistines was encamped in the valley of Rephaim.
14) David was then in the stronghold; and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.
15) David longed, and said, “Oh that one would give me water to drink of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!”
16) The three mighty men broke through the army of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: but he would not drink of it, but poured it out to Yahweh.
17) He said, “Be it far from me, Yahweh, that I should do this! Isn’t it the blood of the men who went in jeopardy of their lives?” Therefore he would not drink it. The three mighty men did these things.
18) Abishai, the brother of Joab, the son of Zeruiah, was chief of the three. He lifted up his spear against three hundred and killed them, and had a name among the three.
19) Wasn’t he most honorable of the three? therefore he was made their captain: however he didn’t attain to the three.
20) Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man of Kabzeel, who had done mighty deeds, he killed the two sons of Ariel of Moab: he went down also and killed a lion in the midst of a pit in time of snow.
21) He killed an Egyptian, a goodly man: and the Egyptian had a spear in his hand; but he went down to him with a staff, and plucked the spear out of the Egyptian’s hand, and killed him with his own spear.
22) Benaiah the son of Jehoiada did these things, and had a name among the three mighty men.
23) He was more honorable than the thirty, but he didn’t attain to the three. David set him over his guard.
24) Asahel the brother of Joab was one of the thirty; Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem,
25) Shammah the Harodite, Elika the Harodite,
26) Helez the Paltite, Ira the son of Ikkesh the Tekoite,
27) Abiezer the Anathothite, Mebunnai the Hushathite,
28) Zalmon the Ahohite, Maharai the Netophathite,
29) Heleb the son of Baanah the Netophathite, Ittai the son of Ribai of Gibeah of the children of Benjamin,
30) Benaiah a Pirathonite, Hiddai of the brooks of Gaash.
31) Abialbon the Arbathite, Azmaveth the Barhumite,
32) Eliahba the Shaalbonite, the sons of Jashen, Jonathan,
33) Shammah the Hararite, Ahiam the son of Sharar the Ararite,
34) Eliphelet the son of Ahasbai, the son of the Maacathite, Eliam the son of Ahithophel the Gilonite,
35) Hezro the Carmelite, Paarai the Arbite,
36) Igal the son of Nathan of Zobah, Bani the Gadite,
37) Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Beerothite, armor bearers to Joab the son of Zeruiah,
38) Ira the Ithrite, Gareb the Ithrite,
39) Uriah the Hittite: thirty-seven in all.
You could summarize this list: ENTHUSIASM!!! You need enthusiasm to do the things mentioned here and yes, you need to be a bit crazy. But the world needs crazy; it needs people who look at overwhelming odds as nothing and then proceed to accomplish the unbelievable. In the first century they were called Christians and their genuine committment to Christ changed the world. And the world still needs changing. Perhaps all we need to get started is a big enough hot dog?????